The beautiful bay

The beautiful bay

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

contemplating my job

Well... Here is another entry.

Besides being a Mom and a wife, I am also a student and a teacher. I teach adults only, well as adult as can be, its a vocational school.  This is not the job or career that I went to school for.  I wanted to be a counselor, or therapist, or even a lawyer.  But, I just can't decide!  I just want to help and there are so many people out there that need the help.  I guess in a way I can help the women that are trying to get a better career, especially since I was there before.  A single mother trying to get paid better.

These women are from broken homes like me, some are a few years younger than me, others are much younger than me, just a few years older than my daughter!  I feel for them, and want to help them, but I just don't know if this is what I want to do for my whole career.  Is it another one of those that you are stuck with the same title for years?  I want to make good money, not because I am money hungry, but because I want a house for my children to spend their middle school and high school years in. A house that everyone can come to hang out.  I want that, but living here in this area, you have to get paid at least 80,000 a year!  I don't make nearly that yet. I also want to stay in this area, it is a nice neighborhood with good schools.  I don't want to live in a crappy neighborhood just to pay less rent.  Its confusing.

Anyway, I have a lot to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment